Test Method for Evaluating Engagement Between Windows and Insect Screens as an Integral System
This test method for evaluating engagement between windows and insect screens
- Is a design tool to evaluate the engagement between the window and insect screen under static loading. The ability of an insect screen to maintain engagement depends on the size, duration, repetition of loads, and the method of engagement. The size and shape of the platen are selected to prevent the screen cloth from being damaged by static loading.
- Consists of evaluating the static load resistance of the insect screen at the functional location of a window under the specified load conditions of the specified body.
- Is applicable to insect screens in functional locations, from the inside and outside the direction of access to the smallest size is greater than 12 inch (300 mm) insect screen.
- Is used to evaluate the static and static load resistance of insect screen accessories.
- Describes a device and a program for applying a static load to a test specimen.
TEE-01: Test method for evaluating engagement between windows and insect screens is easy to operate.
TEE-02: Test for evaluating engagement between windows and insect screens can improve the quality of window screens.
- Preparation: Remove any sealing or packing material which is not as generally part of the assembly as installed. Install the sample into the test frame in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions. Place all operating glazed sash or panels in an open position, so that they do not interfere with the deformation of the screen and frame under load, nor will they be removed from the specimen. Put all insect screens in their functional locations.
- Operate window screening (except as step 5) five times prior to testing. After the operation, the test device is placed, so that one side of the sample faces the static loading device.
- Fixed detachable screen window removable and installed five times.
- Operating insect screens should be moved to their full open, and then completely off the position, (or from its functional storage location, and then come back) five times.
- Fixed, non-removable screens do not need to run before the test.
- Apply the specified static load perpendicular to the test specimen with the platen centered on the insect screen, that is, the intersection angle of screen diagonal points. The dynamic force should not be introduced during the loading process. After the load is at rest, it shall remain in position for a period of 60 ±5 s.
- Remove load.
- Observe and report any detachment or deformation.
- Check if detached or distorted when a new window screen is allowed to be used prior to testing, in the opposite direction of damage to the screen, if appropriate.
- Reposition the test apparatus or specimen so that the opposite side of the test specimen faces the static loading device.
- repeat step 6 - 8.
- If multiple insect screens are to be tested, it is permissible to use the same window unit with a new insect screen providing no damage to the window is found upon inspection.
Inquiry for Our Product
Angus Wire Mesh Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements. That will help us give you a valid quotation.